Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Tour of Homes


So, I've started following several blogs that I have realized lots of other people follow. I never knew blogging was so popular. How do you become so popular in the blog world anyway?? Anyway, I love to see all of these different ladies' blogs and all of their inspiring thoughts. I just love that God created us all so different, yet so much alike! 
Speaking of "blogging," Kelly's Korner and The Nester do a "Christmas Tour of Homes" every year and lots and lots of people blog about their Christmas decorations. Let me just say that I have loved looking through all of these different links---so many ideas!!! Each house is decorated so different, and it shows so many personalities. So, I decided to join the fun! ; D

This is my second year in my own place, so my decorations are building every year. Hobby Lobby and stores a-like are really my weakness, because I love to decorate! 


This is the small tree in the living room. I really don't have a large living room, and it's really not the ideal place for it because it blocks a view of the T.V. from one angle, but I didn't care because one of my favorite parts of Christmas is to turn the Christmas lights on while I watch T.V. And that wouldn't be possible if the tree wasn't in the living room! Anyway, I got the idea of the art mesh going vertical from Christmas Jubilee, and I think it turned out well! It's much easier to work with when you realize that it's not fragile! 


Okay, so I know this is a random picture, but I'm really obsessed with glass jars. Especially apothecary jars. I am always thinking of a new place that I can place a jar with some random objects in it. Pottery Barn has tons of gorgeous jars. 
This is the arrangement in my living room. I wouldn't call it an arrangement, because it's really a bunch of twigs shoved together. I'm not really happy with it, but it is what it is. I've taken it apart 3 times and tried to make it look like what I was trying to accomplish, and each time it looked worse. So, I've given up. I do love my lighted twigs from Kirklands. They stay in that vase year round (with different flowers, of course!). 


This is my second tree. I put it in the breakfast "nook" area. This thing is massive, and there are clearly not enough ornaments on it. I'm pretty sure I need a thousand more. However, it fits the space and it's really pretty when it's lit. That bow at the top is the result of a lot of frustration of trying to get that mesh wrapped around that fat tree. I kind of like the bow! I'm on the look-out for some gold/brown poinsettias to shove in the gaps. If I find some, I'll post an updated pic.


I love this snowman. I'm pretty sure this was my first Christmas decoration that I bought for the first Christmas in my apartment. It's like a silvery-gold glitter color. I love that color. The vase beside it has gold and brown tall twigs that go up really high but I really wanted to show this snow-man. This is in my kitchen.


And here is another jar. On the kitchen counter.  


This is my dining room table. I'm trying to find a table cloth that adds the perfect touch. (I'm aware that Christmas is next week, lol!) Anyway, I made this wreath this year and I thought it was too pretty to put outside where no-one would see it. So, here it is. This is right when you walk in my door, so it is the first thing people see. It's different, but I like it! 


And this is from my dining room going into my kitchen. This garland did NOT want to stay up on the hooks for the life of me. After I put it up, I realized that I had attached the mesh to the WRONG garland without the lights and I was quite irritated. However, I spent so much time begging for it to stay, that I didn't want to go through the whole process again with a heavier strand of garland. So, this is it. Sorry about the messy counter in the background! Ha! 
And that's it! There are a few more things floating around here, but those are the main decorations. 

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment