Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bucket List Frenzy

First of all, does anyone know how to title the blog post? Mine is not showing up anywhere and it is quite annoying. Any tips would be appreciated :)

School starts today. A semester that seems sort of a waste; however, I keep telling myself that nothing in this life is a waste. Not even an extra 5 months in school, and extra semester of tuition, or a graduation date postponed 7 months. Nothing is a waste. May 14 was going to be a glorious day of celebration; however, it has now been moved to December. That's okay. More celebration for the holidays! :) Psalm 65:11 says that "He crowns the year with His goodness; His paths drip with abundance." I'm reminded daily that the path that I am on is His. It's about living for Him. And no matter what season I'm in on the path, He promises abundance. Because HE is more than enough in all situations.

Bucket List. Do you have one? I've never made one. I honestly didn't know what one was until the movie came out (which I have yet to see, ha!). But, I think there are a few things that deserve to be on this list (other than the obvious finish school, be successful, etc). Here is one:
Run a half marathon
Not just any half marathon. I want to go to a big city and run for a big cause. I'm not so sure why I feel the need to run 13.1 miles for any particular reason other than I just want to. I'm not sure why it looks so fun. Who knows? I do love to run, and I am not so sure why I always take breaks from it because I always have to start over (which is so hard). However, I love the feeling of lacing up my Nike's and hitting the pavement and putting lots of distance behind me. I love the feeling of sweating ridiculously in the summer heat, but being able to finish the course ahead. It has been something that I never thought I could do, but once I tackled one mile, I was addicted to make it to the next, and the next. Obviously not too addicted because I always take breaks, hahahah :).

So, I'm not sure when I will cross this off of the good ole bucket list, but I have some sort of a goal in mind. ;) I'm pretty sure it starts with actually lacing up the faithful Nike's and pulling my huge pile of running clothes out of the top of my closet. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment