Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Midweek Confessions




It's that time again!! This has become one of my favorite things to do each week!

Here they go:

--Every year, when I take down my Christmas decorations, there is always something that gets left out. Something. This year, I took everything down, boxed it up, and took it to the shed and walked back in to my living room to see my tree skirt sitting exactly where the tree was. Great.

--I have a goal to start running again, and I have said for the past month that I would start running after Christmas. It's January 4th, and I have yet to do even one single thing related to exercise, much less running.

--I'm also trying to eat healthier, and I decided that I was drinking too many diet cokes. So, water it is. This is probably why I am in an extremely irritable mood at work. It's ridiculous to admit, but hey-it's the truth.

--After all of my Christmas decorations are down, I feel like my house is empty. Every year, I have an itch to re-decorate my house after Christmas. Right now, I want new rugs, new pillows for my couch, new curtains for the living room, & a new shower curtain.

--I'm about to start student teaching and I think I need some new outfits. This is a problem. I think I need a new outfit for everything. I have plenty of clothes. I have decided that I am not buying anything until I lose 15lbs. Then I still won't need to buy anything because I'll have a new wardrobe in my closet that I haven't wore in a long time. haha!

--I always re-read things that I type because I'm afraid that I've used incorrect grammar. I have a lot of English teacher friends and I realize that I am a soon-to-be-teacher as well & I don't want to be a teacher who doesn't use correct grammar. And here is a real confession-there are probably a lot of grammar mistakes in this post!

That's all for now! Check out some more Mid-week Confessions at E, Myself & I.

Happy first week of 2012!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this! I remember getting ready for student teaching and realizing that all I had were in my grad student wardrobe were jeans and t-shirts.

    Now I'm staying home with my little one, and all I have are teacher clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could literally have written this post myself... Sounds JUST like me right now. Here's to running and losing 15 pounds in 2012! :)

    **Good luck with Student Teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was grouchy when I gave up coffee. In fact, my English III students told me they would bring me coffee if I would just drink it please. So I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete