Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Marathon Madness


This morning, Carrie (my awesome room mate) ran a 1/2 marathon! I think runners who can run that far (13.1 miles) as well as the FULL marathon (26.2 miles) are super achievers! That is a LONG way to endure!!

Anyway, the race started at 7:30, so I went and picked up Melissa (we were the spectators) and we headed down town. There were over 2,000 people there. They all lined up at the start-line and were ready for the gun to fire! I could imagine that a lot of them were very nervous-I would be! I mean this is kind of a big deal!


Here they all are lined up at the start line! The girls in the southern belle dresses are our Azalea Trail Maids. They represent Mobile at various different functions locally and nationally.

After the gun went off and they all took off, we headed back to my car to go to the 7 mile marker. Right after we got there, a few runners started passing by. They were the ones who probably won the race, because it was only like 30 minutes into the race and they had already ran 7 miles. You can do the math, but I'll tell you it's fast. ha!!

Pretty soon Carrie came running by & we cheered her on--and then we loaded back up in the car and headed to the finish line! She made her it under her goal time with a minute or so to spare! I was so proud of her! I know she has worked hard with training and on days like this, you only have one shot-and you are your only competitor!


This is after the race. It was humid, rainy, and not that cold. This picture definitely proves to me that I need to run the next half marathon--ugh!!!

We hung around and talked with some people and then we went to Cracker Barrel for some yummy breakfast! It was a great morning!

This just made my "want-to run" even stronger! I'm DETERMINED to start back this week....ugh--I'm dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment